In 2014, I completed 6 races, finished my first marathon and ran 732 miles. My 2015 goals were to run two marathons, and cover 800 miles….
2015 races: 9
2015 marathons: 2
2015 miles: 858 miles!
However, there is an entirely different goal for 2015 that did not go the way I planned.
I am currently at a weight that I am not happy with, and I feel like a broke record when I recommit to these goals. I have been slipping away from Weight Watchers, and have not made the time to attend meetings and learn about new SmartPoints. I was really hoping that the new program would help me to rejuvenate my commitment to losing weight, and that’s what I want to focus on for 2016.
How will I get there? Great question!
Here are my goals and methods in 2016!
- Lose 20lbs in 2016
- Attend weekly Weight Watchers Meeting
- Track all meals AND drinks – the good, the bad and the ugly!
- Incorporate body weight workouts (I signed up for a 14 day fat burning circuit training session at a new gym. It starts next Wednesday, full report then!)
- Plan weekly meals
- Make smarter choices when eating out
- Become a stronger runner in 2016
- Incorporate exercises from Strength and Injury Prevention classes into 2 workouts a week
- Attend spin class weekly
- Add speedwork to training schedule in February
- Break 900 miles in 2016
- 2016 Races
Does this sound like a lot of work? Sure! Do I think it’s manageable? Yes! I feel like the areas where I have slipped are areas that I am hyper aware of. They are things I think about ALL THE TIME, and things I know I could do better with.
This year, with the injury prevention classes and the new gym class, I feel like I am finally asking for help with areas where I’m struggling. Now that I feel like I can get back to Weight Watchers and face the scale (my weigh in at the gym today had me at 151.0), I will be ready to face the new year with confidence and pride.