Another day at home. My head is full of fuzz. Maybe allergies? I don’t know but I’m a space cadet.
BetterOats Oat Fit Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal 3PPs
1/2 bag Trader Joe’s “Just a Handful” roasted unsalted almonds 3PPs
2 dried dates, diced 1PPs
1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce 0PPs
All from fridge/pantry.
2 servings of black bean flautas 7PPs
1 serving roasted potatoes 4PPs
All leftovers from Sunday prep day.
3 pizzelle cookies 2PPs
Forgot to mention that these pizzelles were a gift this week, so not purchased! So far, the only food money spent this week was on saltines, ginger ale and cough drops. Are these things really “food”?
Tofu Stir Fry 2PPs
I had vegetables that I needed to cook from Sunday’s grocery trip. Not pictured above = Extra firm tofu.
How I stir fry (off the cuff):
- If you’re using tofu, start with that. Drain and press between 2 paper towels.
- Chop what ever veggies you have in the fridge. Today’s options included:
- Snow Peas
- Heat 1tsp oil in skillet (or if you’re lucky, a seasoned wok)
- Add peppers and onions, stir and cook 2-3 mins. Sprinkle with ginger powder, or add ginger if you have it (sadly I did not)
- Add carrots and a dash of soy sauce, stir and cook 2 minutes
- Add snow peas and a dash of soy sauce, stir and cook 2 minutes
- Add zucchini and tofu and another turn of soy sauce, stir and cook until heated through
- Today, I also added a drizzle of teryaki sauce at the end, sprinkled on the rest of the almonds I had at breakfast because I didn’t want them hanging around, and about 1/8 cup of water at the end. I scrapped the bottom of the pan, put a lid on, and removed from heat to let everything steam together.
In the Weight Watchers Calculator, this (which I divided in to 4 servings) comes out to 2PPs. To be totally honest, this is possible because I sometimes don’t add my 0PPs foods in to the recipe builder. This is probably totally cheating, but I don’t do it… If you add the ingredients, your numbers may change. It works for me and I’m sticking to it.
Here is everything ready to go. Dinner, freezer (x2) and lunch one day this week.
Sadly, after I made this stir fry and portioned it out, I really didn’t want it. My appetite has been up and down the past few days, so I picked out some tofu bits and threw the rest away. I had some Peanut Butter Cheerios (3PPs) but I think ginger ale and water are the only remaining eats on agenda tonight.